NASAL CLEANING INSTRUCTIONS
Nose Unblocking Exercise
1. Take a small, silent breath in through your nose and a small, silent breath out through your nose.
2. Pinch your nose with your fingers to hold your breath.
3. Walk as many paces as possible or move your head side to side and up and down with your breath held. Try to build up a medium to strong air shortage, without overdoing it.
4. When you resume breathing, do so only through your nose. Try to calm your breathing immediately.
5. After resuming your breathing, your first breath will probably be bigger than normal. Make sure that you calm your breathing as soon as possible by suppressing your second and third breaths.
6. You should be able to recover normal breathing within 2 or 3 breaths. If your breathing is erratic or heavier than usual, you have held your breath for too long.
7. Wait 1 or 2 minutes before repeating the breath-hold
8. In order to prepare yourself for the longer breath holds, go easy for the first few repetitions, increasing your paces each time.
9. Repeat for a total of 6 breath holds, creating a fairly strong need for air.
Nasal Cleaning and Decongestion
1. Blow nose correctly – one nostril at a time.
2. Xlear nasal spray – up to 5x daily, blow after using
3. Neti Pot or NeilMed Sinus Rinse bottle
a. Boil water and add sea salt (we recommend the NeilMed premixed packets)
4. Nasal Decongestion Options:
a. White flower essential oil – 6 drops on the palms, 6 sniffs of the palms
b. Neti stick essential oils – insert in one nostril and block the other. Breath in/out and swallow
c. Nasal unblocking exercise
5. Allergy treatment
a. Include in decongestion options Flonase 2x daily
b. Claritin or Zyrtec